Membership Services and Communications Coordinator Position
The Saskatchewan Filmpool Cooperative is seeking to hire a full time staff member to fill the position of Membership Services and Communications Coordinator.
Application Due Date: Wednesday, September 7, 2016.
- To ensure all Filmpool members, as well as members of the local arts community, are appraised of all Filmpool programming and production related activities – through the dissemination of electronic avenues of communication (website maintenance), social media platforms and print (brochures, posters)
- To maintain the Filmpool membership database
To ensure the design and maintenance of the Filmpool’s website, including blog posting, images, new menu items and archiving
- Working in collaboration with the Filmpool’s Programming Coordinator, the position will support the production of all Filmpool related posters (paper and electronic) and other Filmpool promotional and branding activities and products
To ensure all new members, as well as renewal members, are welcomed and informed of all Filmpool information and benefits, including: production equipment access/rental rates, grant writing opportunities, networking opportunities, professional development opportunities, as well as upcoming workshops, exhibitions and festival information
- To ensure that membership and other members of the provincial arts community are informed of cultural events and activities throughout the province
- To support the activities of the Programming Coordinator, Production Coordinator and Executive Director whenever reasonably possible
- Creating a Membership Services and Communications Coordinator report for all Filmpool Board and Member’s meetings
- To have a good understanding of Filmpool membership policies and procedures, including equipment and facility access, deposits and payment, as well as key and security systems
- Representing the Filmpool to the arts community and serving as an advocate for film in that community
- Ability to prioritize deadlines effectively
- Ability to be self-motivated and to undertake projects on one’s own initiative
- Ability to work within a collaborative framework with staff and membership
- Exceptional computer skills in the areas of data management
- Demonstrated expertise in effective web-based activities including social media
- Demonstrated ability to design and produce press releases and online promotion activities
- Ability to communicate well to members and the public both written and orally
- Ability to work within a harmonious and collaborative environment made up of staff and members
- Understanding computer video editing programs and design software including the Adobe CS Suite (i.e. Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere)
- Post secondary degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Appreciation of good design and delivery of posters, PSAs, brochures, website & social media
- A solid understanding of the media arts landscape in Saskatchewan
- Familiarity with the operations of a ‘not for profit’, artist run centre
- A polite demeanor when dealing with the public, members and visiting artists
- Ability to be flexible within a changing work environment
- A love of film and filmmaking
The Saskatchewan Filmpool Cooperative is a non-profit, artist-run-centre charity; as such staff is occasionally required to provide support to programs that extend above and beyond their job descriptions.
This position is an excellent opportunity for an employee to realize his or her own skills and strengths, creativity and ideas, and to be involved within an exciting but demanding workplace.
The Membership Services and Communications Coordinator is responsible to the Board of Directors of the Filmpool, through the Executive Director.
Note: This is a four-day workweek salaried position, with benefits.
Annual (Starting) Salary: $26,000, 28 hours a week
Applications to be received at the Filmpool office by Wednesday, September 7, 2016.
Please email resume and cover letter to:
Gordon Pepper (Executive Director)
Saskatchewan Filmpool Cooperative
301 – 1822 Scarth Street
Regina, SK S4P 2G3
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us at:
306.757.8818 or [email protected]