FUNDING OF MICRO-BUDGET PROJECTS FROM EMERGING FILMMAKERS
This program targets emerging Canadian talent, supporting them in the production and promotion of their first feature-length film or web-based narrative-based project, with and emphasis on the use of digital platforms for marketing, distribution and audience engagement.
In order to apply for recommendation, all applicants must be current Filmpool Members and meet the following criteria:
- have completed at least one short film
- do not have a credit as writer, director or producer on a feature film
Eligible applicants must submit the following to the Saskatchewan Filmpool by January 20th, 2017
1) a video pitch – maximum 5 minutes
- identify the key creative team involved in the project and their individual track records;
- state the project’s working title;
- identify the genre, the type and the length of the project;
- outline the creative team’s vision;
- provide a synopsis of the story;
- identify the target audience and present ideas on reaching and engaging the target
- audience through a digital marketing and social media strategy;
2) a trailer of the project, if available;
3) a link to previous work, if available;
4) a written synopsis of the project including a description of the creative team’s vision;
5) a promotion and distribution plan including a digital marketing and social media strategy.
6) a production schedule (from pre-production to digital release)
7) total budget amount of the project including the amount allocated for the promotion and distribution of the project;
8) any other information that sets this project apart (eg: successful crowdfunding campaign, confirmed cameo by a well-known actor, established fan base on social media).
Please email all applications and all submission requirements to [email protected]
Telefilm’s funding will be in the form of a non-repayable financial contribution that may cover up to 100% of the project’s financing. The maximum contribution amount is set at $127,500 for feature films and for narrative-based web projects of 75 minutes and more in total length.