Sat, Feb 19|
Sâkêwêwak Storytellers Festival Film Screening
Sâkêwêwak Storytellers Festival, in partnership with the Regina Public Library Film Theatre and the Saskatchewan Filmpool Cooperative, presents a curated screening of Indigenous-made short films.
Time & Location
Feb 19, 2022, 5:45 p.m.
About the Event
Sâkêwêwak Artists' Collective Inc., in partnership with the Regina Public Library Film Theatre and the Saskatchewan Filmpool Cooperative, presents a curated screening of Indigenous-made short films as part of this year's edition of the Storytellers festival. The films will be available to view online via the RPL Film Theatre's YouTube page for 24 hours, starting on Feb. 19th at 5:45 PM.
This screening features a strong selection of Indigenous-made short films from our province and beyond throughout the rest of Turtle Island. 📽️🪶
- "Look for Me" dir. Adrienne Kaye
- "July" dir. Jessie Short
- "In Our Own Hands" dir. Jennifer Varenchik
- "Dancing Through" dir. Madeline McCallum & Anika Syskakis
- "Land Use" dir. Chanelle Lajoie
- "Whispering To My Soul" dir. Esperanza Sanchez Espitia
- "Mother Tongue" dir. Chanelle Lajoie
- "Shaking Tent and Stolen Cubs" dir. Jules Koostachim
- "Home" dir. Kevin Lee Burton
The Sâkêwêwak Annual Storytellers Festival is a community based, multidisciplinary arts showcase featuring Indigenous artists. This year's festival will be split into two parts, the first iteration will run from Feb. 17-20th. The second component is slated for early summer 2022. More information about this incredible event and artists' collective can be found via the Sâkêwêwak website.