Tax for Indie Filmmakers: A Workshop with Sandra Jackson
Time & Location
About the Event
The Saskatchewan Filmpool Cooperative is proud to present our newest workshop and the first program for 2022 -- Tax for Indie Filmmakers! 🧾
- January 19th, 2022 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Online Workshop (via Zoom)
- FREE for Filmpool members & non-members!
In this new, introductory workshop, Sandra Jackson will walk attendees through a stress-free and effective way to approach bookkeeping tax season as an independent filmmaker in Saskatchewan. The workshop will present the following:
- Importance of record keeping and how to accomplish this with minimal stress
- Discussion on the business statement used on personal tax returns including eligible/restricted expenses
- Expertise on working with Canada Revenue Agency harmoniously
- Taxation brackets and considerations, including PST & GST
- Plus more!
Sandra Jackson received her CGA designation in 1992 in Toronto while working for the Canada Revenue agency. She moved home to Saskatchewan in 1997 and worked with a bookkeeping company in 1998 for a tax season and loved it so much she bought the business! Her company went from 2 full-time employees (who are still with her 23 years later) to 8 full time employees and a student from Sask Polytech during the tax season. Sandra’s company services upwards of 1,000 individuals for personal tax returns and 500 businesses including proprietors and corporations. They are a full service accounting firm including payroll, bookkeeping, personal and corporate tax returns and she is excited to bring her decades of experience to our membership at the Filmpool.
TO REGISTER, fill out the above RSVP form or email email@example.com !